This granola recipe that I got from Jessica’s dessert blog is fantastic as either breakfast or a snack. I suggest making this over the weekend, so you can use it as a power breakfast or snack during the work week. It’ll make you way more productive for sure.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- about 2 cups nuts and/or seeds (I recommend almonds and walnuts and I added in some whole flaxseeds and chia seeds)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (melted coconut oil would work very well here!)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- big pinch salt
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 2½ teaspoons matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 250º F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Spread mixture out onto two baking sheets and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scrape mixture into large bowl. Let cool for a few minutes then sprinkle matcha over and toss to combine. Add in dried blueberries and toss to combine.
- Keeps in an airtight container for several weeks.